As a global platform for consumer complaint and incident report platform, NameandShame.com is deeply committed to supporting and protecting freedom of speech. At the same time, we draw lines around a few narrowly defined but deeply important categories of content and behavior that jeopardize our users, threaten our infrastructure, and damage our community. What NameandShame.com is for:NAS celebrates freedom of speech and the right to protest. We want you to express yourself freely and use NameandShame.com to reflect who you are, and what you love, think, and stand for. What NameandShame.com is not for:Malicious Speech. Don't encourage violence or hatred on the basis of things like race, ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
We encourage you to dismantle negative speech through argument rather than censorship. We will, however, remove anything that is overtly malicious.Infact, our moderators will not allow any such stuff to be published in the first place.
- Harm to Minors. Be thoughtful when posting anything involving a minor.
- Don't post or solicit anything relating to minors that is sexually suggestive or violent.
- Don't bully minors, even if you are one. Being a teenager is complicated enough without the anxiety, sadness, and isolation caused by bullying.
- Promotion or Glorification of Self-Harm. Don't post content that actively promotes or glorifies self-harm. This includes content that urges or encourages others to: cut or injure themselves; embrace anorexia, bulimia, or other eating disorders; or commit suicide rather than, e.g., seeking counseling or treatment, or joining together in supportive conversation with those suffering or recovering from depression or other conditions. Dialogue about these behaviors is incredibly important and online communities can be extraordinarily helpful to people struggling with these difficult conditions. We aim for NAS to be a place that facilitates awareness, support and recovery, and we will remove only those posts or blogs that cross the line into active promotion or glorification of self-harm. Gore, Mutilation, Bestiality, or Necrophilia. Don't post gore just to be shocking.
- Don't showcase the mutilation or torture of human beings, animals, or their remains. Dick.Report gore, mutilation, bestiality, or necrophilia Uploading Sexually Explicit Video.
- You can post anything in a NameandShame.com post as long as it's lawful and follows our other guidelines, but please don't use NameandShame.com's Upload Video feature to upload sexually explicit video. We're not in the business of hosting adult-oriented videos (and it's fucking expensive).
- Spam. Don't spam people. Don't make spammy posts, don't post spammy replies, don't send people spammy messages. Be a regular human.
- Don't use deceptive means to generate revenue or traffic, or create blogs with the primary purpose of affiliate marketing. Spam doesn't belong on NameandShame.com.
- Copyright or Trademark Infringement. Respect the copyrights and trademarks of others. If you aren't allowed to use someone else's copyrighted or trademarked work (either by license or by legal exceptions and limitations such as fair use), don't post it.
- Intellectual property is a tricky issue, so now is as good a time as any to explain some aspects of the process we use for handling copyright and trademark complaints. We respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement as per our Terms of Service and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act; please see our DMCA notification form to file a copyright claim online. Please note that we require a valid DMCA notice before removing content. Parties asserting a trademark infringement claim should identify the allegedly infringing work and the legal basis for their claim, and include the registration and/or application number(s) pertaining to their trademark. Each claim is reviewed by an expert from our Legal team.
- If we remove material in response to a copyright or trademark claim, the user who posted the allegedly infringing material will be provided with information from the complainant's notice (like identification of the rightsholder and the allegedly infringed work) so they can determine the basis of the claim.
- Counter-Notification - We always want to make sure there is room in any copyright or trademark complaint for both parties to make their case. With regard to copyright claims, the posting user can file a DMCA counter-notification with us, as described in our Terms of Service. Counter-notifications that we determine to be valid will result in restoration of the content at issue following the required waiting period prescribed by the DMCA. With regard to trademark claims, the posting user can send us an appeal explaining their side of the situation, along with any relevant materials we should look at. A successful trademark appeal will also result in restoration of the content at issue.
- Privacy Violations. Don't use NameandShame.com to deceptively obtain personal information. Don't post content that violates anyone's privacy, especially personally identifying or confidential information like credit card numbers, social security numbers, unlisted contact information, or private photos of your ex's junk (no matter how remarkable).
- Disruptions, Exploits, or Resource Abuse. Our servers, and the valiant engineers behind them, work hard for you, for free. They are just volunteers. Don't attempt unauthorized use, disruption, or exploitation of NameandShame.com or our other features or resources, or otherwise abuse NameandShame.com's resources.
- Unlawful Uses or Content. This one's pretty obvious, but NameandShame.com is not a place for illegal behavior, including fraud, phishing, or illegally inciting violence. If we conclude that you are violating these guidelines, you may receive a notice via email. If you don't explain or correct your behavior, we may take action against your account.
- We do our best to ensure fair outcomes, but in all cases we reserve the right to suspend accounts, or remove content, without notice, for any reason, but particularly to protect our services, infrastructure, users, and community. We reserve the right to enforce, or not enforce, these guidelines in our sole discretion, and these guidelines don't create a duty or contractual obligation for us to act in any particular manner.
You can report violations of these guidelines to us directly.
We also reserve the right to amend these guidelines using the procedures set forth in our Terms of Service.
If you have questions or feedback, don't hesitate to let us know.
Thanks for reading all of this, by the way. Welcome to NameandShame.com !