NVR/RYAN HOMES REVIEW
This complaint was posted on NAS on 17th Feb, 2022 and is a permanent record located here: https://www.nameandshame.com/nvr-ryan-homes-5YD1D/stay-away-from-ryan-homesnvr-dont-buy-id5ye7y .
Stay Away From Ryan Homes/NVR (Don’t Buy)
At build we mentioned windows being unlevel and they denied it and said they would look and take care of it and didn’t. The window finally cracked, and we came in with levels to confirm that the windows had been fixed. At walkthrough someone misplaced a ladder and it fell on me causing a laceration on my back. My babies were with me and we could have been killed. Then we move in and we have a huge punch list, which when addressed the issues are made worse due to lack of workmanship and incompetent workers It is a year later and warranty is done, and they have not fixed the items. They have caused tremendous stress and chaos in my home and do not take ownership. The last thing we found is a foundation issue. Our walls are exposed you can see light at the bottom where the floor meets the wall. Water, air, bugs all kinds of things can come through the hole. It’s affecting my electrical bill. They’ve unknowingly recorded us in our home. The last subcontractor slammed our home door because he was upset that he had installed damaged items after the second time it was being replaced and we asked him to remove it. The list is completely overwhelming to say the least. As of 4/8/21 we noticed the shingles on our roof loose. We also have the following issues:
- Crackling floors upstairs
- Unstable middle banister upstairs
- Carpet coming apart
- Sliding door broken
- Windows unleveled
- Shingles & ventilation cones on our roof loose,
- Doors ghosting
- Unleveled walls, ceiling, granite, vanity, toilets, cabinets.
- No padding on the second floor carpet where carpet meets the wall
- Wrong door brackets and bent brackets
- Inconsistent paint color
- Mailbox installed without concrete
- Showers cracked
- Kitchen cabinets with water-damage and unleveled
- Baseboards cracks
- Doors sticking
- Walls exposed to the exterior
- Unfinished walls.
- Garage door broken 2 panels replaced,
- Granite chipped,
- Nails coming out from the walls, foundation issues.
We’ve reached out S.C. Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation110 Centerview Drive, Columbia, S.C. 29210 They are currently under investigation by the state and Attorney General.